Sunday, June 17, 2012

06/17/2012 2332



I’m exhausted and my brain is taxed, but this was another fun day.  G & I took the tour today at 1400.  The tour guide didn't speak English, but he was a very clear speaker so I was able to catch quite a few words when I was listening hard.  The views were spectacular (So. Much. GREEN!) so I was easily distracted a lot.  We went to two monasteries and a restaurant.  
First monastery 

Awesome pano of the second monastery
G & I were the only ones out of the group that paid for lunch so the guide joined us.  He spoke very little English but between us and our understanding of each other’s languages, we were able to have a very nice conversation.  G kept prompting me with things to ask him, which is good because I was just totally hung up on the GREEN across the way. Can you tell I miss grass & trees?  With her prompting here were some of the questions (formed in quite the variety of ways to work with my limited language skills): “Where are you from, what is your name, how long have you been doing this job, where are the best places in town for meals and dessert, do you have kids, what’s next after lunch” and a few others that aren't coming to mind right now.  It was pretty funny, actually.  She’d suggest a question and I’d have to pause and either remember how to ask or try to figure out a way that I could ask.  It was great though.  I was pretty darn proud of myself and am really happy that I've been studying as much as I have been.  And by the next time I’m here, it’ll be even better! 
Yum.  With a reflection of G and her yum.  Mine was better. 
After our tour, we went to the dessert place Zoran suggested and had, well, this is worthy of only a picture.  Yes, it was as good as it looks.  Maybe even better, actually.  Yes I will go back for at least one more before I leave here. 
More green
G tried rakija today.  I warned her that it’s a bit on the powerful side.  It really is.  I love it, personally.  It’s all warming & cozy.  Of course the weather is warm and cozy as well so I’m not sure that it’s a desired effect right now, but it still is a really delicious beverage. 
And now, it’s bed time.  More to come soon. 
D
Rakija with a little tree in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment