Thursday, October 14, 2010

R.I.P.

10/14/2010 1148 PM
Tonight, at approximately 1800, my stepdad traveled into the gates of heaven with much of his family by his side.  It was by far the most touching thing I have ever been a part of, and while I wish we still had him here, I am eternally thankful to God for allowing it to happen as it did.  We held him and held each other as we sang to him, and we can rest easier knowing that he went from our gentle loving hands into the even more gentle loving hands of our Maker.  He went from our songs to His songs.  And even better than that, he went from a damaged body to a perfect body.  We miss you, but we are so happy that you’re in the best of hands now.  Ronald A. Mayo, you are so very well loved. 
More to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment